Your company is finally ready to include online video in its corporate marketing programs. That’s great; video is a highly effective marketing tool! However, before your team gets too carried away debating the production details of your project, invest some time in considering all the important aspects of designing effective corporate video marketing campaigns.Below are 7 steps that can help ensure the success of your corporate video marketing campaigns:
1. Review Your Corporate Marketing Strategy – Before designing any marketing campaign, it’s important to review your company’s overall marketing, messaging, and lead generation strategy. Any video marketing strategies or campaigns that are developed should be a natural extension of your company’s overall marketing strategy.
2. Define Campaign Objectives – Determine and quantify the primary goal of your video marketing campaign. Is your goal to drive new customer leads, win back lost customers, or to identify additional revenue opportunities with existing customers? Quantify your success targets. For example, if your goal is new lead generation, quantify exactly how many new leads you want your campaign to generate.Now that you have made sure your video marketing campaign is aligned with your company’s overall corporate marketing strategy and defined your campaign objectives it’s time to focus on designing your video marketing campaign.
3. Develop Campaign Messaging – Developing relevant, targeted, and concise messaging will lay the foundation for your video marketing campaign. Determine your target audience, the main idea you want to convey, the key details to support your case, and the campaign call to action. Be concise, you’ll only have about 60 seconds to deliver your message before your target audience checks out. A 60 second video only has about 145 spoken words!
4. Consider Video Production Options – Many people immediately think about scheduling an on-site shoot for their marketing video. Sometimes on-site shoots make perfect sense. However, there are other video production options such as using motion graphics or repurposing existing marketing assets into marketing videos that can be highly effective and less costly than an on-site video shoot. Be sure to consider all the risks, costs, and flexibility of the various production methods when determining which production approach will work best for a particular project.
5. Ensure Reliable Streaming across Web, Mobile & Social Channels – Make sure your video can be reliably streamed everywhere potential customers might view it, specifically across web, mobile, and social channels. You don’t want to make a video and then find out that your intended audience is having trouble viewing it (for example on an Apple mobile device). Using an online video platform to deliver your marketing video will ensure consistent delivery of your campaign.
6. Measure Results – Analyze and measure the success of your video marketing campaign. Analytics are a key part of every marketing campaign. Did you achieve your stated campaign goals? Be sure to monitor video analytics including the plays, time viewed, viewer engagement, traffic sources, and geographic location.
7. Drive Campaign Traffic – Create viewership for your marketing video by using email, PPC and social campaigns to drive traffic to your video landing page. Leverage your existing marketing channels to drive potential leads and customers to your video landing page. A stand alone marketing video will not produce the desired marketing results. Conclusion – Video is a great marketing tool that has the potential to dramatically increase leads and conversions for your company. Following all seven steps described will allow you to be sure that your video is a highly effective marketing tool that has reached its full potential.
Article originally published on http://www.magnetvideo.com